Total Pageviews

Friday, September 19, 2014

A Foggy Friday Morning...

here in Carroll County...

The horse has been to the fence...He missed me. I should put on some shoes and feed him a handful, but I am a little lazy.

Winnie Jo, I have been thinking about you coming down on the 11th... I think you should spend the night with me. There is a bed in the back room but it is hard as a rock...plus the back room spooks me. BUT...I could bring the queen mattress out into the living part of the house...there is plenty of room and I have one of those  tall blow up mattress I could put on top of that mattress...I know you and I could sleep on it quiet comfortable and your hubby could have my twin bed. which is very nice...Or maybe he would prefer the blow up mattress..., Either way I would have good food. Clayton's bathroom  is quiet nice and I am sure it would be as comfortable as any hotel around here....PLUS the company would be exceptional.... Just  think about it. I have a dish pan we could wash out feet in....I always think of that picture of you, your Mom, and Aunt Betty Lou washing your feet in a dish pan, in Grandma Powell's bedroom. It is a great picture...

Two squirrels are playing in the tree here in the yard. I love to watch them. It is going to be winter before ya know it.

I spoke to Missy this morning. JR was up and dressed at 4AM ready to go to the base to see Lane. They are going to the San Diego Zoo in the morning before they come home. The two kids were so happy to see Lane. He had lots of stories to tell. They will get to take him at noon today. Missy said several of the soldiers had no 'people' there to meet them. BUT not our Lane! I will pick up the three of them is Springfield Sunday around noon. I am sure Lane will stop and see his Mom in Branson on the way home. I'll bet we can get a free lunch out of JR. Emily is having a great time. They went to the ocean yesterday...

I have a load of laundry I need  to wash today at JR's. I use his washer and dryer. He never complains. If he has any laundry I usually do it also. I figure it all comes out even in the wash! Oh, I am witty this morning!

My coffee is way strong this morning. after I had 2 cups I filled it back up with water. Hopefully the next cup will be better.

The yard looks much better. I do not think the pens and stuff bothered Brother...Or maybe he thought someday he would get more turkeys to raise. He did talk about it some right before he died. He had someone looking for turkey eggs for him to hatch. Then again, JR said he would just build another pen when he wanted to raise something new. Which is what it looked like to me. Easier to build a new one than fix the old ones still there.  They were a mess. Big trees grown up through them. LOL







1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

They fixed the turkeys I wanted on his stone so they looked better. It is a farm scene much like your home place with the turkeys. Fleta said he like bball better than turkeys but a bball on a headstone just did not seem right!lol

I did not like the pens in the yard either, but Clayton was like Daddy...too tired and wore out to fix them and did not want to ask a soul for a hand.

Hope you get to Springfield safely to get JR and his bunch.

So glad they were able to go to see the youngster make his first step on his future. Little steps add up to big miles.