Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 28, 2014

School Picture Day

for Benjamin today... Missy said he came down to breakfast this morning dressed for school. She reminded him today was school pictures and she asked him if he wanted to wear what he had on. She said he said no and hurried back up the stairs ...She said,' I fixed his breakfast and he was not back down yet.  I then made his lunch and waited. Then when he came down he had on this suit and was smiling from ear to ear. I would not tell him the kids may make fun of him since he is in 4th grade. He was so proud. The only thing that may save him would be we have such a large Mormon population at this school.'

As soon as Missy got to the part stating he was gone a long time...I already knew the outcome, because I know Benjamin. He is really a good boy and I am sure he thought all of us old people, like his Mam,a would love what he was wearing. God bless his little ole heart!
There is at least 100 things I need to be doing. And this computer surfing is not on the list! But here I sit anyway!
 
It was warmer in the house last night. I guess once the sun goes over today I will shut the front part of the house.
 
Betty, any couch will be fine!  Fleta, don't make fun of her till we get the couch! Then we can go back to normal!
 
Winnie Jo, we all hope you had a great birthday.
 
There are a lot of cracks in the old house. It has been 15 years since Clayton remodeled it. that is awhile. I was looking at the door stoop that goes from what used to be the 3rd bedroom to the kitchen. It is the original one. about 6 inches wide. It needs a good cleaning, and I thought, 'I'll bet that dirt has been there for 100 years. ' Then in my mind I corrected myself and thought, 'No, only 66.'
 
There are 2 trees at the edge of the yard that obstructs the view out the road. One is a ceder...The other is something else. I walked out there this morning to see if the ceder was actually in the fence row. It is. I am smart enough to know you never cut a ceder tree out of the fence row. Even tho I would be long gone before it rotted all of the way out if we whacked it off chest high and trimmed it up. I am sure I could get George to go with that but Fleta and Dan would have a come apart. So there is no hope of cutting them out of the fence row. Both trees are at least 12 inches across. So it would be a big loss on the ceder.
 
I moved one of my lawn chairs inside by the picture window, as we used to call it. It is right where Daddy always sat. As I remembered, he sat where he could see out the window to the little pond. He must of had to rock  forward to see out the window. As I sat there, I thought, with a TV in the corner, and Debby sitting right in front of it he would have almost been able to stretch and touch Debby on the top of the head. It just seemed to be a large space in my mind. Mark Twain said something like, I used to have a great memory. I could remember things that happened and things that never happened. Soon I will only remember the things that never happened.
I looked up the actual quote...it was 1924: When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now, and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you are settling in.
She came home to Momma's house
With broom and mop in hand
Vinegar for the windows
And air moved by a fan!

She came home to Momma's house
With 2 bushel of apples to pare
After the canning was over
She cleaned the mess with care!

Momma would be happy
Knowing her floor is clean
And the front door is open
and view of the road is seen!

Galla Creek said...

Benjamin looks spiffy.
Sigrid and he are in the same grade. I am taking Sigrid lunch today.
A wasp stung her twice yesterday and she told her dad she would stay at school. Her Momma said...Siggie must like her teacher this year.

Adopted Sister said...

In the business world, you should dress for the job you want, not the job you have. Benjamin has a jump on it, and so cute!