Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2014

First Day of 2nd Grade....

Hannah and Robert

Daddy took Hannah and Robert to school today..I made banana bread and cinnamon rolls for their teachers and the office girls. I took the baked goods in to them.  And here is why....Each teacher will have anywhere from 22 to 28 students. The Teachers will write a thank you note to Hannah and Robert today or tomorrow. That will make the 2 kids stand out for something positive. This is also ''sucking up courtesy of Granny...'' and it never hurts to start off on a positive note. Even if the Teachers just throw the food in the trash it will have served it's purpose. Besides look at those little faces.....So SWEET!
Emily is starting 8th grade...

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Emily is so pretty in her outfit. I bet you helped her select it. It looks so nice on her. I said a little prayer that she will meet some nice friends and hope she will do well in the new environment. At her age it's really hard to start to a new school. It is easier because it is the first day of a new year and children will be focused on their new year and not 'the new kid'.

Hannah and Robert looks 'so normal'. That is a gift from our sister.

I did not make anything for the three here to take to influence their first day, but I so hope all five have a positive experience today. If they have a less than positive day, we should say...well, tomorrow is a new beginning and go forth and do your very best. We can't fix everything in each life, but we can encourage and remind them that they are loved and capable.

This is the 3rd year that I did not have to start school, I can honestly say...yippee!

So sweet of you to send a first day offering with Hannah and Robert and you must of road shotgun as you say "I took it in" not Greg took it in!"

Galla Creek said...

Did you have to do like Sigrid--make your own cake?

Galla Creek said...

Yes, Helen it is good I retired!!
Hope someone there
still holds children accountable for their actions as it is a lesson that will help one succeed at whatever they do!

I did this because i of what she did .... No, you did that because you ....

Think what my two had to deal with as I raised them the same way guess they were happy to grow up and escape me!!

Sunshine said...

Helen, Hope you had a wonderful 40th birthday!!

BTW Siggie took her teacher cinnamon bread she made herself.