Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Evening...

My sweet potato vine I got by ill gotten gaines..I planted it today. There were lots of roots on it.
 My 3 rose bushes I bought late this year are putting on new growth, I will need  to cover them this winter. Maybe with hay?

My bird house Kenzie picked out for me...looks like my home. We had to laugh when we saw it.

 My flowers...doing better than Flets's cause they get more sun..
 Betty this picture is just for you...Dollar store toys...I have 8 Grand kids. 10 counting Hannah and Robert. I have taken Robert to the store before. Walmarts...I tell him before we go I will get him one or 2 match box cars. That is OK when we leave the house...But once in the store he wants a 40 or 50 dollar toy and is mad and hurt when he does not get it...Really more hurt than mad...today we went to Berryville to take Emmy to a friends. The 2 kids came with me. We picked up supper at KFC....Dollar tree is in the same parking lot. I told them,,,,just like I tell my Grand Kids. we will go inside and they can pick out ANY thing they want...any 1 thing...Hannah and Robert were tickled...and just like with my Grand Kids they were still excited when they found something they wanted...Then I told them they were soooo good they could pick out 2...Hannah had a hard time deciding on 2 things and was trying to decide which of the 2 she wanted to pick of the 3 things she had her eye on...So I said oh you can each get 3...You would have thought they won the lottery... They each spent 3 dollars...They got ANY thing they wanted and they will play with them just as long as any 10 dollar toy.. Robert got 3 packs of  cars...and  he thought they were great....Even my Teenagers love Dollar Tree...They often have a name brand nail polish, or eye shadow, nice make up remover wipes,, hair bows...one time I found real Webkinz that sell for up to 10 bucks at Walmart for $1.00...one day I found Loreal shadows at the one in WA. I know Betty your kids do not get something every time they go to town... so since most toys are just thrown down after a day or two it is nice to buy the cheap ones...
 Here is the fruits of my labor....as you can see, not much labor on my part...
 Fleta planted 2 of these tall things by my poles...I think she said they were cosmos????they are probably weeds and she is tricking me....People around here take advantage of ignorant city women...

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

U r right I would not buy every time!

I like dollar tree but not the toys so much!
Puzzles r good! U don't have to buy em a toy each
Time u go!!

Did George get to come home?

Carport looks good!

Sister--Helen said...

george is home looking well better than in weeks....the kids have always gotten a toy hard to break dollar toys would be a good transformation

Adopted Sister said...

Now I know what to get you for your birthday -- a pink, plastic flamingo for your yard!

Galla Creek said...

Oh, a Flamingo would be perfect! I am going to look for a yard ornament at...............the dollar tree!
Look there Adopted Sis!