Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Can You Believe..

my Hummer feeder was empty this morning...LOL

I have a fresh pot of coffee..It is good.

Oh I loved the rain yesterday and it was the first time I was able to leave the door  open. Thanks to my rain gutters..Betty asked how they worked not being attached to the porch...Well the porch is on a down slope, thanks to the smart builder. Who, BTW used to do framing...So handy...and my trailer has a very tiny rain gutter...about what was like on the door jam of a car...and Greg hooked the big gutters  right under that and it works great...there are about 3 places it runs down the side of the trailer...and 1 place where he joined 2 pieces together...I can silicone it or George said they make a spray rubberized can of stuff at Wal Mart and I should get it...Running down the side was no big deal because it was just a small space less than half inch wide...the joint I duct taped, my best tool,( I looked at it and thought, looks like duct tape is the tool of choice for that job!) but I will fix both soon.

The Feeder is filled again and the Hummers are buzzing me...It is a good morning.

Patsy, I fertilized my tomato plants about 2 days ago...I used miracle grow for blooming flowers because that is what I had....since the rain yesterday, I put some more on them....If they stay yellow I will get some of Fleta's miracle grow and put on them...The blooming stuff worked great on my flower bed. I ban really tell a difference. I do not know what it will do for the tomatoes.

Betty, I do not want to get rid of the honey suckle...I want it to grow up the poles. I was so pleased it did not die when I transplanted it. I thought for sure it was dead, but it came back.

It is Thursday and Fleta has 1 more day. I think JR gets home today so I will go over and clean his house. If I feel like it I will do Fleta's tomorrow. She is planning a vacation weekend. It is almost her anniversary. Of course the Grand kids are going too because Robert heard them talking about it and said, "You're going without ME?" So they are all going. Then Emmie and JR joined in...Me, I will hold down the fort here...OH, poor me... Really wish I could take a long car ride with a bunch of kids and float down a very hot river....But someone has to stay behind.

I want to get ole Bandit up and ride him but it is just too wet today. Maybe this weekend.

Samatha Marr spent the night at Em's I see. Her quad is over there.

George and I saw a BIG female deer in my pasture yesterday. She was in the rain grazing right in the open. She was close to Floyd's line fence. So pretty...

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Anyone can transplant honeysuckle Helen
Throw a sprig and it wii grow

I saw the photo of the gutter and yes it looked great

Get that spray sealer at wal mart it can make a
Boat float they say

Fleta and George 42 years August 4 th

I doctored my sugar water this morn but will let
The lone bird finish what I have in the feeder
Before I refill

Raining softly here today