Total Pageviews

Friday, May 16, 2014

May 16, 1937..

A great day in history...

This week I made an Angel food cake....I used my old hand mixer...It worked good. I had it hanging on the wall for decoration. I took it down, washed it, used it, washed it, and hung it back on the wall.
 Last  night  George hauled in gravel for JR. The Boy hitched a ride....He thought he was big stuff! Jr is going to use some to level the ground for me a car port...
 Today I washed and waxed ole Red. I had to stand in the mud to do it. Seemed foolish but I did need a coat of wax on the hood and trunk. I used clay bar on the hood but it did not make it look much better ...Then I added 3 coats of wax...I'll bet the rain water slides off tonight...
 I have this guard dog watching my bag of walnuts...But MR. squirrel is not afraid...He tore a hole in my burlap bag!
 It was cold this morning...then it was hot this afternoon, in the sun....Now it is starting to sprinkle and it is just right!  Love this place!

Fleta's grand son graduates Sunday...What a special day!
The Kids just got home. I hope Hannah had a great Princess day. Robert did not want to dress up. I told him this morning, if a lot of the boys are dressed like some fairy tale chactors and say anything about him not being dressed up He was to tell them Granny Helen says I am a Prince everyday! And he is...

Fleta is cooking supper. I am taking a hike up the road.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

those egg whites did great. You have a strong wrist. Wow.

Gravel will be good.

I made about $250 today on my sale. Maybe I will sell some tomorrow but I got "shed of a bunch of stuff".

Sister--Helen said...

good!

Winnie said...

Grandma Powell always made me an angel food cake when I came to visit...I'm really proud if you!

Galla Creek said...

Helen, next year Larry and I will be at 44 years..jan. 8...remember the 50 party for Dad and Mom. Larry and I are almost there. Seems impossible..since i was older than Mom when i married I am almost as old as she was on her 50th and Fleta is as old. Lordy, we are all old.